Habits of thinking need not be forever. One of the most significant findings in psychology in the last twenty years is that individuals choose the way they think.”
What Positive Psychology is not…
I am not a Psychologist but I am qualified to use the principles of Positive Psychology within Hypnotherapy. Positive Psychology isn’t about smiling more and repeating positive affirmations in order to change the way you think. It isn’t about ignoring negatives and striving for happiness.
Positive Psychology is much more than positive thinking.
What it is…
In the past therapy has focused on human shortcomings and on curing problems. Freud felt the aim of therapy was simply to reduce suffering. Positive Psychology acknowledges that wellbeing is much more than the absence of misery and asks what leads to a sense of hopefulness for the future?
I love helping people to build the skills and attitudes, and emotional habits that take them beyond ‘zero’ and simply being ‘ok’, to greater happiness, fulfillment and flow. This does not mean that we will ignore weaknesses and blocks, but instead work together to identify and use your positive strengths and resources to support the development of solutions and achieve goals.
Your true passion should feel like breathing; it’s that natural.”
Positive focus creates positive results…
In hypnosis the Law of Concentrate Attention suggests that focusing on an idea will lead to it being realised – Emile Coue. This is why focusing on the positive rather than the negative and on strengths is effective in hypnotherapy.
Change your habits of thinking and feeling… Positive Psychology in hypnotherapy can…
- assist you in learning new levels of optimism
- increase levels of positivity
- increase natural resilience and the ability to bounce back from difficult emotions
- find positive meaning in adverse events
- develop awareness and build on signature strengths
- develop and widen the scope of thoughts and actions that become available in a given situation positive psychology
- boost levels of general wellbeing
- improve your self esteem
- create a new vision for the future
- increase your openness to finding more happiness, creativity and flow in your life
- help you work towards excellence and goal achievement.
Positive Psychology works hand in hand with Future Progression Hypnotherapy to help you see a new positive vision for the future.