There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.”
Are you feeling anxious and stressed? Hypnotherapy re-programmes your brain’s habits… and take control of your thinking and anxiety
The conscious mind can easily become over stressed and anxious and this can be a very difficult habit to break. Stress causes many symptoms which can seem to spiral out of control, and can even lead to ill health. People might tell you to snap out of it, but it can seem impossible to let go of the tension.
When we are stressed and anxious the brain switches into ‘fight or flight’ mode and you can have a constant feeling that danger is ahead. It is easily to enter a state of hyper vigilance, and relaxation becomes almost impossible… and the whole cycle escalates making you feel worse still.
Hypnotherapy works on your subconscious mind
Often therapy involves talking about the issues and content of your life to help you feel better. Hypnotherapy is a different approach which helps you take control and feel better so you can then start to face and change the content of your life.
Hypnotherapy stops the downward spiral of negative thinking caused by anxiety and stress and helps you switch to your creative and intellectual brain. You can learn to release feel good hormones such as serotonin into your brain, which gives the signal that you are not in imminent danger and you begin to feel better and can begin an upward cycle to recovery. In this more relaxed state we can programme new ways to behave and react… which will help the recovery to be long lasting and your new ‘normal’ state.
How does Hypnotherapy help?
- helps you get used to relaxing your body and mind very deeply. This tells your whole system that everything is ok, which halts that downward spiral and allows you to begin to take control.
- programmes your subconscious mind to feel safe to relax, which breaks the cycle of negative thinking, and allows you to be more realistic about your life.
- Teaches you to release serotonin (the feel good hormone) naturally, so you are much less likely to resort to anti depressants.
- Helps you get out of fight or flight mode, and stop running your life from your primitive survival based brain.
- Helps you switch to using your intellectual brain so you can think creatively to solve problems and plan ahead.
- re-programmes your subconscious mind to help you meet your goals, build more confidence and to create a more positive future.
- Reduce or eliminate panic attacks.
- Improve confidence and self belief.
Once you feel better we can then work on any deeper issues and begin to look at the content of your life and how hypnotherapy might help.
Jo Hooson in a Hypnotherapist in Bath Uk specialising in reduction of stress and anxiety.